New to Digital Preservation(DP)?
Basics and Background
- Wikipedia Overview
- Digital Preservation Europe - Visit their YouTube channel for cartoons about digital preservation.
- Preserving Your Personal Digital Memories (Webinar)
- DPE Digital Preservation Video Training Course
- Digital Preservation In a Box
- Rescuing the Tangible from the Intangible
- Digital Preservation FAQ - The National Archives information about Digital Preservation
- Personal Preservation Tips – More links to information about personal preservation
Practical and/or Incremental Steps for DP
- I’m new to Digital Preservation - Information from the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources
- You’ve Got to Walk Before You Can Run: First Steps for Managing Born-Digital Content Received on Physical Media - Ricky Erway’s article about getting digital born material off of various physical media. A step by step guide.
- Resources for Technical Steps - Additional resources to get running **See above “You’ve Got to Walk Before You Can Run” as well**
- File Naming Conventions – “From Page 2 Pixel” blog post about file naming conventions
- Implement a TDR – A Blog Post by Chris Prom
- Simple E-records Preservation and Access Plan – A Blog Post by Chris Prom
DP in Greater Detail
- Digital Scholarship has released the Digital Curation Resource Guide. This resource guide presents over 200 selected English-language websites and documents that are useful in understanding and conducting digital curation. It covers academic programs, discussion lists and groups, glossaries, file formats and guidelines, metadata standards and vocabularies, models, organizations, policies, research data management, serials and blogs, services and vendor software, software and tools, and training. It is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
- The Digital Curation Resource Guide complements the Digital Curation Bibliography: Preservation and Stewardship of Scholarly Works, which was released in June.
- Digital Preservation Management Tutorial
- Digital Preservation: An Introduction (Presentation)
- From Passive to Active Preservation of Electronic Records
- The Digital Preservation Roadshow 2009-10: The Incomplete Diaries of Optimistic Travellers
- Access to, Sharing, and Retention of Research Data: What Do Campuses Need to Do?
- Atlas of Digital Damages A Collection of Examples showing the importance of Digital Preservation
Last Modified: 03/31/2014